Hail to the King of Burgers: the Juicy Lucy.
Are you familiar with the Juicy Lucy phenomenon? No??! This is tragical.
Please, let me explain:
2 burgers + cheese in middle = Juicy Lucy
Those are minimum requirements for a Juicy Lucy. The variations are endless. It’s a Minnesota thing. Go crazy with it. (Read Wikipedia’s entry on Juicy Lucys)
Yeah, I made a Bacon Juicy Blucy. I am not ashamed.
Juicy Lucy Bacon Burger – “Juicy Blucy” - Stuffed with Blue Cheese & Olives
- 1 lb beef
- package bacon
- blue cheese crumbles
- green olives, sliced
- (optional) roasted red peppers
- (optional) bacon grease for frying
- (optional) lettuce type greens for serving (I used kale)
- Cook bacon. Drain and set aside.
- Slice olives and roasted red peppers, if using. Break bacon strips in half.
- Pat out hamburger meat into 4 equal patties.
- Lump blue cheese crumbles and olives in the center of two patties.
- Place the 2 remaining patties on top of each of the cheesed patties.
- Pinch and form the top patty around the cheese, sealing well. (We don’t want a cheese leak!)
- Fry on stove top. Or grill. Or bake. Your choice. Take out 1-2 minutes before “done.”
- Layer bacon and red peppers on burger. Crumble additional blue cheese/olives on top. Place back in oven, just to warm cheese.
- Feast. You’ll need extra napkins.
- Send me your tokens of gratitude. US dollars only. No small bills please. :)P