It’s almost time for the S(t)uperbowl. So I hear, anyway. I don’t even know who’s playing. Yawn.
I’d rather be eating bacon.
Still, I know the S(t)uperbowl is practically an American holiday, so I bacon-fied the best part about it: Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Just remember, Team Bacon always wins.
Bacon & Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pkg bacon
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 3 tbsp quality mayo
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (like Frank’s)
- 1/8 cup green onions / scallions, chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño (with seeds or without)
- (optional) parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- celery (or other dippers) :)
- Cook the bacon, drain, set aside. Reserve grease.
- Puree jalapeño, chop green onions and parsley, press the garlic.
- With a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, mayo, and blue cheese.
- Slowly mix in hot sauce and bacon grease.
- Mix in jalapeño, green onions, parsley & garlic.
- Crumble in 3/4 of the bacon (save 1/4 for the top).
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture in 8×8 square pan.
- Crumble remaining bacon on top.
- Bake in oven at 250 for approx 10-20 minutes, just until cheese is warm and melty.
Serve with celery or other dippers!