I feel like it’s old-school to cook the bacon in the oven. Then again, I normally cook mine in cast iron pans. Aka, it doesn’t really matter. ;)
Baking bacon in the oven turned out better than I expected! And it was so incredibly easy.
I’d do it again for sure.
I used bacon ends, which can take a while to fry in the pan, especially the fatty ones. I loved the way that oven baking got them nice and crispy. The fat practically melts in your mouth. Awesome.
BAKING BACON IN THE OVEN
- bacon ends or strips
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Line a jellyroll or similar pan with foil. (You’ll want to use a pan with edges, so potential grease doesn’t run off. I recommend double lining it, too, just to prevent grease from leaking and burning onto the pan itself.)
- Set a wire rack on top of the foil-lined pan. (If you don’t one, I assume you can just cook the bacon right on the foil, but I haven’t yet tried it)
- Place bacon on wire rack.
- Cook @ 400 for 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, broil on High an additional 3 minutes.
- Let rest for a few minutes before crunching down!
Thanks to Make for getting me on the right track with this.