Mmm, I love my Hot Sauce. ;)
Once I start hitting the (hot) sauce right away in the morning, it’s hard to stop! Sometimes, you just have to step away from the sauce.
This was not one of those times.
My demise went something like this: Eggs with hot sauce. Chicken with hot sauce. Salad dressings with hot sauce. Dips with hot sauce. And then I gave in.
Bacon soaked in hot sauce.
I didn’t want to do it. I didn’t want to go out on that limb and combine 2 of my most favorite things. The risk of disappointment was enormous. What if I wasted perfectly good bacon? What if the hot sauce flavor didn’t soak in enough and was just lame?
Of course, my fears were totally unjustified. It was uber-fantastic.
BUFFALO HOT SAUCE BACON
- 1 pkg bacon (I recommend bacon ends for this)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1-2 tsps minced garlic
- dash of Celtic Sea Salt
- dash of pepper
- Shake together hot sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper in a quart-sized plastic bag.
- Drop in bacon.
- Seal bag, leaving air inside bag.
- Shake it up!
- Soak bacon in hot sauce bag for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cook bacon. I recommend baking on a wire rack in the oven @ 400 degrees for about a half-hour, per these instructions.
- Leave your comments of unending adoration for Buffalo Hot Sauce Bacon below. ;)
P.S. I don’t recommend frying or cooking the hot sauce bacon directly on a pan, unless you have cast iron. Some of the hot sauce will likely seep out while it’s cooking and burn to the bottom of the pan.