This is probably one of my favorite recipes of all time.
It’s like a thick, creamy, nutty, chicken curry sprinkled with crunchy bacon. So satisfying in my belly. :)
The direct quote from ManBacon (who’s also a fan of it):
“It sticks to your ribs”
That it does, ManBacon. That. it. does. :)
Bacon Almond Chicken Stir Fry
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- bacon grease
- chicken, cooked
- 2 bags shredded cabbage
- 6 tbsp nut butter – I used almond butter
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- juice from 1/4 small lime
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper
- sweetener – I used 1 tbsp Swerve
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- white onion, chopped
- Celtic sea salt
- Fry bacon, rest on paper towels in fridge.
- Cut raw chicken into cubes and place single-layer in glass baking pan(s). (Or cook the chicken and shred it after.)
- If desired, drizzle chicken with melted bacon grease and top with white onion. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 3-4 tbsp bacon grease to liquid in large frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Dump both bags of cabbage into frying pan (Note: it will cook down). Wilt the cabbage until soft, 5-10 minutes, stirring so doesn’t burn. Set aside.
- Stir together nut butter and hot water. Add in tamari soy sauce, coconut milk, lime, red pepper, garlic, and sweetener.
- Stir chicken and nut butter mixture into cabbage over low heat, just until warm.
- Serve garnished with crumbled bacon and green onions.